It’s Spring, and while the new season will inspire many of us to tackle some overdue fix-up projects around the house, ALL OF US can use a little sprucing-up of our personal/legal lives. Here are six simple but important things you can to do right now to assure that you’re in the right place for whatever the rest of 2017 has in store:
1) Update all beneficiary designations in insurance policies, retirement plans, IRA’s, Roth IRA’s, and profit-sharing plans.
2) Review your Last Will and Testament to make sure the disposition of your assets upon death are what you want.
3) Review your health care proxy to ensure the correct individual has been designated as your health care agent.
4) Review your investments to make sure they are diversified and that you don’t have “all your eggs in one basket”.
5) Depending on your financial ability and stage of life, consider a lifetime gifting plan in order to gift assets to your children so that you can witness their enjoyment of those assets during your lifetime.
6) Resolve to take better care of yourself. Among things to consider:
join the YMCA or get involved with an exercise/fitness program, get socially involved with your friends and community, learn easy ways to alleviate stress. This will be your best investment of all.
For help with any/all of the above steps give us a call: (518) 436-0775
The Proskin Law Firm: The Experience You Need – The Expertise You Deserve